Hi all,
We are nearing a launch date for Jira Service Desk. One concern right now is user account creation. I am trying to make some sense out of how this will work, practically. Right now it is not smooth at all and curious how to improve.
Using Jira Service Desk Cloud, I would like to ahead of launch date bulk add our users (customers) such that:
- No notification email is sent.
- Users are added as Customers of an Organization. Currently, I don’t see a way to do this in bulk fashion and can only do after the user account has been created.
- Fields that are used for the import are:
- Required: ID, Email Address, Full Name
- Optional: Custom Fields: Title, Phone Number, etc.
After everyone is set up, I will then import all of our components with leads (who will be among the users created in the previous steps). We are using components heavily to build approval workflows. As an example workflow, a department head (component lead) have to approve access to their department's shared folder (component).
And finally, after accounts have been created, they are in JSD as customers, I would then like to send the notifications to the new users on launch day. Presently, this looks like it’s going to prompt for a password reset, then send users into an Atlassian account management page. This is likely to be very confusing.
Has anyone out there done this in a more sensible fashion? I don't have a lot of users - only a couple hundred, but enough that I really don't want to do this manually.
Pulling my hair out here.
Thanks,
Marc