We have a JIRA issue collector that we embed on a couple sites. Is there a direct URL that can be send via email to a user (or placed in our team email signatures) that would provide that same limited field create page to our customers?
This solution on confluence doesn't appear to work for me:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-access-issue-collector-form-without-embedding-it-in-a-page-826872619.html
The instructions on the linked page are not working for me either. I get an empty blank page. The markup for the form collector is there on the blank page but some CSS styling seems to be preventing it from being rendered correctly
Same
same here
https://<your_url>.atlassian.net/rest/collectors/1.0/template/form/<collectorid>?os_authType=none#
Also encountering this. Would appreciate a solution from the Atlassian team.
That answer doesn't work on server solutions, only atlassian.net.
how we try to solve regular Jira collectors links (embedded code) not showing: (not direct links)
just hoping it helps to someone with direct links issues...
not pretty, but it works :-). In our case we are able to add empty <p> tags after the links as much as we want. it's aka empty landing page with some links (Jira collector links, we have 3) on the top, which looks just fine and serves for the purpose. The page is wide enough as well, so Jira collectors iframes open with no issues.
Seems like no matter how I've coded, iframe collector only takes available space from the parent container. It doesn't work at sidebars (restricted by 200px width and 200px height).
If I hack it with JavaScript, it opens behind the main window and can be partially visible. Aka bad overlay or pop-up window :-). Iframe doesn't know about surrounding, it acts solo as separate html page.
I was able to style it a bit, but not much.
It should be easy, right???
Currently, the issue I'm having is I can't get the issue collector to appear even using the HTML embedded code.
I think the folks this works for are self hosted and those it doesn't are cloud. The poor level of access us cloud hosted folks get is driving me insane. Can we get a way to do this Atlassian?
We're self-hosted and it doesn't work.
This works for me! (cloud-hosted)
@Andy Heinzer please help!! This is another example of user impact of not being able to expose issue collector URL. Is it really that difficult to do? Please, there are countless users reporting this issue through so many different tickets. And of course, it needs to work for the cloud version and for on-prem deployments.
This worked for me too, (server). All I had to do was replace the atlassian.net with my company domain name and of course our collector ID and it worked perfectly.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.