Jira is failing to start after a server reboot, we get an error that the com.atlassian.gadgets.directory plugin fails to load. I have tried to increase the timeout, as per other technotes but this isn't the issue.
Earlier in the log file shows:
2018-04-03 15:51:43,108 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.plugin.parsers.XmlDescriptorParserUtils] There were problems loading the module 'dashboard-item' in plugin 'Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin'. The module has been disabled.
2018-04-03 15:51:43,108 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.plugin.parsers.XmlDescriptorParserUtils] Cannot find ModuleDescriptor class for plugin of type 'dashboard-item'.
And this then seems to disable the plugin and jira will not start.
I have tried rolling back to a backup from before the reboot but that hasn't helped. Before the reboot we were getting an error with a dashboard gadget that was stating the baseurl was incorrect, but it looked ok to me and everything else was ok. I have tried to update the baseurl using sql to the ip address to see if there were some issue with that but it doesnt help.