Hi
One of the problems we have is associating a comment with an attachment, eg: when attaching a file to an issue, we add the comment "refer to the attached document....." - but which document? There's visible relationship between the comment and the attachment (unless you want to get technical and check date/time stamps on the attachments with the date/time stamp on the comment.
When it comes to images, a nice solution is to use the rich text formatting, eg:
Here is an image:
!image.jpg!
When viewing the issue, it shows the image embedded the text.
I can see you can also do it with other media files, eg: wmv, mov, etc
But what about other attachments such as documents or email messages? I'm not expecting it to be able to actually show the content of the document embedded in the text, but it would be a huge help if only it could show an icon, which when you click on it, it opens the attachment - like you can do with email messages.
I've done some googling on this and can't seem to find a solution.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
David