Hi Team,
Request you to please assist in fixing the below error for confluence setup.
"Your database must use 'READ-COMMITTED' as the default isolation level."
I have followed all the instructions specified on this link.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-fails-to-start-and-throws-mysql-session-isolation-level-repeatable-read-is-no-longer-supported-error-241568536.html
Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Tanishka S Chotwani
Hi,
Since this is an initial setup, please refer back to the doc you linked and try:
or new installations of Confluence, configure the JDBC string as follows to set the sessionVariable to enforce READ-COMMITTED during the initial setup wizard:
&sessionVariables=tx_isolation='READ-COMMITTED' e.g. jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/confdb?sessionVariables=tx_isolation='READ-COMMITTED'
To restart the setup wizard, delete confluence_home/confluence.cfg.xml then restart Confluence.
@eClerx Orion What instruction did you follow? If you modified my.cnf, you need to restart MySQL Server to get it affected.
Otherwise, you can just run these SQL command for your mysql account that is used to connect to database
<span>SET</span><span> [SESSION | GLOBAL] </span><span>TRANSACTION</span><span> ISOLATION LEVEL </span><span>READ</span><span> COMMITTED<br></span>
See https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/set-transaction.html for further information
Got around this by editing /etc/mysql/my.cnf and adding
[mysqld]transaction-isolation=READ-COMMITTED
Then I restarted mysql.
Hi Aviv.
Thanks a lot for adding solution for this quetion. I was stuck same and by mentioning transaction-isolation=Read-committed resolved the issue.
Shahebaaz
This is perfect. When setting up DB, just select the "By connection string" option instead of the "Simple" option.
Please be aware that after following the instructions, the startup would have 2 long pauses that could be perceived as problems, but Confluence will come up.
I have more information on the long pauses at another post on Atlassian community forum .
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.