We actually use Jira to manage three Agile projetcs in our company. Each project is a “product” that our commercial team sells to our customers.
When a customer buys one or some of our products, the deployment team starts a project (that isn’t actually managed by Jira) that will have phases like “preparing customer environment”, “software deployment”, “customer training”, “certification”, and so on. Sometimes, during the “software deployment” phase, we detect that some “customizations” needs to be developed by our dev team. Then, a new backlog task is created on the respective Jira project and our dev team starts to work on it sometime in the near future.
I’m trying to realize how could I use Jira to track these “Deployment Projects” in a way that I can always see how each customer project is moving and also which tasks each project generated to our development team.
Should I create one project to each deal that is done by our commercial team and create tasks that represents each phase of that project? In case of customizations, how could I create additional tasks that will be handled by our development team (these tasks should be created on the projects that represents the software in which that customization is required) while keeping the deployment team updated about that task (if it is in progress, in review, finished and so on).
Please let me know if this could be accomplished and your advices on how it could be done. If there is any additional software and/or plugins involved please let me know also. Thanks a lot!!!