Is there a plug-in or powerup available for Trello, so I can use an HTML WYSIWYG type editor to format my cards? I want to do things like bold, create lists, link to items, etc...
Hi Evan,
This page reviews how to format your Trello cards.
Hope this is what you were looking for.
Thanks,
Danny
Thanks. Is there a power up or plug in that enables an editor so I don’t have to use Markdown?
Haven't used it personally but did a search and found this - Comment Editor.
Let me know if it does the trick.
Can you put this in as a feature request? That Comment Editor plugin only works on already-created comments. I’m looking for a way for non-technical team members to edit and format card descriptions using a wysiwyg editor without having to use markdown.
No idea why Trello doesn't have the most basic text formatting one would expect. Trello makes things incredible simple and fast--forcing users to stop and add ** before and ** after their words, or other silly markdown sets up a brickwall on the productivity highway.
Maybe it's there way of getting people to buy Jira? I'm moving from Jira to Trello and am pulling my hair out at this right now. What an enormous waste of time to use markdown.
+1 to adding a WYSIWYG editor to Trello. It saves time and reaches a broader audience.
Google led me to this thread b/c I couldn't believe Trello still didn't have a markdown wysiwyg. Please add this, I would pay for it.
I'm not a big Trello user - I'm having a hard time finding value in it over something like Jira BUT since I needed an easy-to-use to-do list, I started using it to manage my daily tasks.
Most of the time I just slap on a summary and go. Today I decided to add a comment with bullets - and couldn't through the UI. I found wiki markup, but I had to Google it since there isn't a guide to the markup in Trello.
Look, I know we live in dark times with Covid and monkeypox and people eating tide pods like escargot but ARE WE IN THE DARK AGES? OMG, I had WYSIWYG on my Commodore 64 using GEOS. How can something like Trello not have a rich text editor?
Try to use this option https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/New-Editor-in-Trello/ba-p/2038725
OMG THANKS SO MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So we have to opt-in? Why would anyone NOT opt-in?
This is like looking for a flashlight and someone offering you a choice of an IPX8 tactical multifunction flashlight with a full charge and an oil-based torch.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.