is there a way to remove issuetype from project without affecting or changing old issues?
No, because every issue always has to have an issue type. But you can bulk change issues to a new issue type and then remove the old issue type.
thanks Matt.
we dont want to change issuetype , we just want to remove the issue type.
we want the older issue to show removed issuetypes.
Ah, I think you want to disable the issue type, so no new ones can be created, but old ones continue to exist. There's a long-standing request for that at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-16683
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/disable-issue-type-creation-temporarily/qaq-p/143446 is an old way with Javascript but this makes maintenance harder.
I presume this is for historical data since no new issues will be created, I suggest creating a separate project and moving the issues to is and remove the issue type from the current project.
That's what I'm looking for. I don't need old issue types for deprecated functionality to still show up in that dropdown. However, we do want to maintain those issue types on the existing tickets for provenance.Unfortunately, the ticket linked in the previous comment (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-16683) does not look like it is anywhere on the roadmap.
We've been using the same project to track bugs for years. Now we have to create a new project every time we want to hide an old issue type? Bummer.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.