Based on the reply in this thread here I can retrieve all fields in relation to projectName and IssueType: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-I-get-all-custom-fields-of-an-issue-using-rest-api/qaq-p/538525.
Is it possible to further filter and get only certain custom fields based on If those fields are required or not. Or do I have to add that Logic from where I consume JIRA2 API?
The problem for me is when I use the above query I'll be getting 6000 lines of JSON response.. but If I can filter to get only customfield_{id}' s which are required there will be only ~100 lines of response. Please let me know If it's doable or not otherwise I'll filter in the consuming project after I got response back. TIA
There isn't a way to call /rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/editmeta and receive a response with filtered results. You could accomplish this as you mentioned by performing the filter logic in the application that's calling this endpoint though.
Okay Makes sense. Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.