I'm using Confluence server 6.4.
Is there any way to disable Autowatch in Confluence globally?
Or at least limit to certain space?
Thanks.
Hi @JWCho
In your profile:
Cheers!
Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
I meant, when I create a new user,
can that option be disable by default?
ok!, for that you have this workaround of Atlassian:
The config lives in an XML file: <confluence install>/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/confluence-x.x.x.jar/preferences-default.xml.
You need to change the boolean value to false, thus:
<preference type="Boolean"> <name>confluence.prefs.watch.my.own.content</name> <value>false</value> </preference>
Then place it as <confluence install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/preferences-default.xml and restart Confluence.
More info here
Nice information.
Will try this if our company decides to disable autowatch.
Thanks!
I am using Confluence cloud.The main reason why we use a tool like Confluence is to AVOID constant email exchanges and yet Conlfluence by default sets the Autowatch "on"... and apparently it is not possible to GLOBALLY disable it... None... Nada... Zero! We DO NOT WANT EMAILS BY DEFAULT!Why? But why would you think that I am interested to receive an email every time I edit a page...?It is by far the most annoying feature... Silly and useless... A massive waste of time to (on top of that) manage the email filter to trash the garbage emails received.
Hi Pierre,
I saw your reply now on this question. The initial problem is related to Confluence Server, but since you're on Cloud and I see this topic come up a lot, I wanted to share the feature requests in case we didn't get your vote on it:
If you still have any questions about this or want to bring up a discussion about it, raise a new thread. That ensures the conversation will be more relevant, and more Cloud users will see it.
Thank you again!
Shannon
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.