Hi
Is there a way to use pure SQL to rename user IDs? We have about 400 users that have to be changed in Jira (6.4.11) and about 50 in Confluence (5.8.8). I've found some answers using the script runner but we don't have it in place.
Thanks...
Hey @andrea schneider
You can do this by using raw sql or editing the backup xml. Both require substantial downtime and are risky, and incomplete as they won't update saved filter values. You can change the user IDs manually since you are running 6.4.11 version. Ticket here of release JRASERVER-1549.
I would suggest doing the manual approach over touching the database directly, it's just risky and you could potentially corrupt your data.
The script runner method doesn't require downtime, although ideally you should test on a copy of production.
I hope this helps some. I know it's not the ideal answer.
Hi Brittany
This is bad news, I thought there would be any workaround that we don't have to do it all manually. That is really a pity.
Dear Brittany
Could you may help with something else then? Can I easily find all users from a specific group not linked to any issue as reporter or assignee? If this is possible I could delete all these users and only rename the other ones. If I'm not wrong, I have seen once a possibility to create users with SQL directly, I have to search again for this.
ThanksAndrea
I am still looking into this for you. Sorry it has taken so long to respond.
I hope to have an answer soon.
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.