Even after setting the custom field to required, I still see the None option to get selected. How to Get rid of it? Thanks
Hi Thrinay,
can you provide some more information about the field and the setup? Because if you set a field required in the field configuration it will definitely not be possible to select (and save) "None" as value.
Best, Max
I wasn't referring to select and save a None value. All I see is None value being shown when a field is set to required.
A small description of my use case:
1) I want a custom field that should be set to required, just so that it forces the user to select a value their.
2) The user can also select a Value None and can be able to save it.
How would you think that it can be resolved?
"None" means "empty". Empty is what the "mandatory" flag is there to prevent.
You can't set a mandatory field to "none" because that is what mandatory does NOT mean.
To allow your users to select "none", make the field optional.
If you mean you want to force your users to change a value, then you'll need a validator to check the entered data on a transition has changed from the previous value. You'll need some code for that.
Give them an option of N/A
i had a workaround for it. I've created a value called as Default and any issuetype that doesn't link to that field can be adjusted to value Default their. Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestions.
Only thing is... this does not work well in cascading select custom filed. If you select parent value ABC.... child field still stays at NONE and you can submit when entire field should be mandatory/required. Go figure...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.