I have a requirement, where team is seeking an automation to pull all issues from project via API.
Tell them to start with a project search - see https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/jira-rest-api-examples/#searching-for-issues-examples
Yes I tried using this, but this is not solving the purpose. They want to download all issues under one project.
I don't know how else to put this, but you plainly have not tried it.
When you search, using that example, for "project = x", you get all the issues.
(If there are more than 1,000, you will need to consider paging, or take a proper look at the real reason why you're doing this)
That's exactly the point (and yes, we've all tried it). I have 100,000 issues and expecting someone to manually export 1,000 at a time is, in a word, "stupid". And yes, there is a way to do this using the Jira Rest API's, which we're having to deploy to make Jira work.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.