Hi,
I saw only 2 reports type available in Jira service desk. I wanted to customize to include request type as the dashboard report gadget, is there anyway to do this? We are using both cloud Jira software and Jira service desk. Pls advise. Thanks
Hi Angeline,
What output do you want to see with Request Type? You might be able to get what you need with one of those 2 gadgets.
Carolyn
Hi Carolyn,
Total request type created group by request type. I tried to use JQL =request type="A" but it show invalid syntax. I also tried with =customer request type="A" which I found from the online documentation guide but both show wrong syntax,
I tried both gadget but not working. Thanks
It sounds like it might be a problem with the JQL syntax. When in doubt and it's simple, stick to basic JQL.
Now that I re-read your question, you should be able to use the regular Jira gadget called Issue Statistics (just input your project or a filter with multiple projects) and pick Statistic Type: Issue Type, and it will show you a summary count.
If you really would like to specifically use those 2 gadgets (the output looks different so that could be fun), here are some other ideas:
You can create a custom report called "Number of Requests per Type". Within that report, create a "Series" for each of your request types using Basic JQL in the "Filter by" section.
Once you've created this custom report, you can reference it in the gadget "Service Desk Report."
Alternatively, you can create a new filter for each request type that you have. For each new filter you create, just use the Basic JQL to select the Service Desk project(s) and Issue Type. Then input each of those filters into a new "Filter Counts" dashboard gadget.
Hope this helps,
Thanks for the suggestion however I think you might still get my question wrong. I am looking for request type filter and not issue type. I have no issue running a issue type report. But not "request type". As far as I understand, both are different thing. The request type are not available as part of the statistic type selection.
Also, wonder why my series version looks so different from yours? Could you please advise? Thanks
You can use VisualScript for Jira to report off of the Request Type field in your Jira dashboard gadgets.
You can report off of many different chart types (pie, bar, stacked bar, etc.), and there are also other built-in reports available that provide additional context.
Best,
Evan
FYI I am the VisualScript Product Manager
If you're looking for an easy solution to this problem our app Custom Charts for Jira allows you to select Request Type as a statistic. You can also select the colors, rename and group Request Types together directly in the chart editor, with zero coding required.
You can check the app out right now on our interactive app playground.
I hope that helps anyone who is also looking for an answer to this question 🙂
Tom - Custom Charts Product Manager
Is there any plan to add the ability to build dashboard gadgets based on Service Desk Request Types? Many times, sorting the data only by Issue Type is not enough since multiple Request Types can be connected to one Issue Type. If searching based on the Request Type field is working, why can't we use it on our dashboard without installing plugins? Is there any existing JIRA request for that (I would love to create one if not)?
I have provided a workaround below. Could you please review it and let me know if you find it helpful?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1369277804
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.