In my company, various people can add Jira items to the backlog - devs create bug issues, the PO creates new feature issues, support personnel create suggestions, etc.
The product owner then has to go through a series of steps to get approval for each item before it can be worked on. To track this, I want to give Jira items approval specific statuses - "created", "approved", "rejected", "ready for development", and about half a dozen more.
But then when developers finally work on an item, they need their own statuses, such as "In Progress", "Ready for testing", "Closed", "Cancelled".
I don't want to bother the developers with all the approval specific statuses. That is, I want them to just see the development specific statuses, so when they want to set an item to "Closed", they don't have to wade through all the approvement specific statuses.
Is there a way I can hide certain statuses for certain groups of users (such as hiding the approval statuses from the developers)? It's ok for them to see all the details in the item, I just want to only show statuses to the devs that are relevant to them.