whenever a space admin trying to add users in space its prompting for system admin password window, as a result space admin cant ad/remove users
Hi Ron,
The admin password dialog is expected for space admins, they should be able to just enter their password and then proceed to add users to the permissions page.
To make sure this behavior is still expected, I created a test user (Charlie) on my Confluence 6.8 instance and gave the user space admin permission and no other administrative access. When the user started to add another user to the space permissions this dialog appeared:
After I entered Charlie's password I was able to add the user to the space permissions.
I look forward to hearing if your user can get past the dialog by entering their password as a space admin.
Thanks,Ann
Hi Ann
Is there any way to disable password prompt
Absolutely!
Just uncheck Secure administrator sessions, at Confluence admin console>Security Configuration>Secure Administrator sessions or <Confluence_Base_URL/admin/viewsecurityconfig.action:
Yep, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-secure-administrator-sessions-218269595.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.