Hi,
I'm struggling to get GIT deploy working on an existing Azure web app. I did the complete same setup for another web app which is being used as a QA environment. The deploy to QA is an automated deploy for all commits on the master branch, and the commit to production is a manual deployment step and is the step after the QA deploy step.
I configured the deploy server (bitbucket pipelines using image microsoft/dotnet:sdk) and i'm doing these commands after the server pulled the sources to deploy:
The placeholders starting with $ signs are replaced by the deploy system for their real values set in a variables section.
I'm getting this exception:
! [remote rejected] master -> master (shallow update not allowed)
I solved this by googling around and applying a fix found on a forum somewhere:
- going to the kudu debug console
- Navigating to d:\home\site\repository
- And firing the command: git config --local --add receive.shallowUpdate true
Unfortunately this only changed the error message, because it changed to:
! [remote rejected] master -> master (unable to migrate objects to permanent storage)
I'm puzzled because again, I did completely the same thing for another azure webapp, of course the variables values are different but the steps and commands are the same. No complaints from kudu or git comming from the other environment. Also I doubt the shallow update exception is really what's wrong because the QA environment does not have the receive.shallowUpdate setting set.
I activated some trace logging regarding GIT and I found out that the git push command only results in a http POST of 4 bytes for the production environment, and 11165 for the QA environment. It seems git push is malfunctioning for some reason?
I was able to reproduce the same behaviour on my local pc, by replicating the commands the pipeline does during it's build setup steps and appending my own steps.
Does anyone have an idea where I should look next to get this fixed?
thanks