Hello,
Is it true that the workflow post function "fast track transition" only can be executed by users who either have jira administrator rights or project administrator rights? Is there anyway to change this? I'm using Jira software v7.1.10 and I'm not an experienced scriptrunner programmer. Thanks!
Hi @Sandra Meessen,
In the bottom of the configuration fast-track transition you have this options:
Whit this options you can Skip what you want.
But you need to be JIRA Administrator to configure a Fast-Track transition.
Cheers,
Adrián.
Hello Adrián, thank you for your quick response. Yes, I am Jira administrator and I can configure and setup the fast-track transition, but the problem we are facing is in handling the issues who use the fast-track transition. It is only executed in case the current user has either jira administrator rights or project administrator rights. For them the fast-track transition works, for all other users it doesn't. And I am absolutely sure we didn't put any criteria in the workflow that says it may only be done by administrators.
Is this regular functionality in Jira or are we missing something?
If you are JIRA Administrator, then you can put in the condition field when you are configuring a Fast-Track transition something like this:
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessordef groupManager = ComponentAccessor.getGroupManager()def currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()if (groupManager.isUserInGroup(currentUser, "jira-administrators") && isUserMemberOfRole('Administrators')) { return true}return false
Can you try this?
Cheers,Adrián.
Hello Adrián, Thank you! That did the trick! Thanks for the help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.