If I use the bitbucket web interface to add a new file to my repository, I am asked to enter a file name. What do I need to enter there? Or, where in the repo will this file be created?
In detail: on the web interface, I click on the button "source", then select branch, drill down in my repos subdirectory structure to the right subdirectory, and there I press the button "+ New File".
A new dialog opens asking me for a filename.
1) Do I still have to enter a subdirectory path, to get the new file created there, or is it really only the file name I have to enter here?
2) Is there any "decent" way of specifying the subdirectory for creating a new file in the bitbucket web interface?
PS: my workstation is W10, and accidentally when I experimented here, I entered the complete path I copied from windows explorer to the directory where I needed the new file (on my local clone), the file was created, but now if I click the commit, bitbucket comes up with an error message "Something went wrong while trying to serve your request. Try reloading the page". It seems it dies on the backslashes it itself put into the file name :-).
Thanks, Klaus