Please help a newbie!
We have been running 5.5.0 on a Windows server since installing it last fall, and I received the security notification last week from Atlassian which urged upgrading the installation. After reviewing the upgrade options (and knowing that our use of Bitbucket Server is not very complex) I decided that I would try to upgrade to the latest release, 5.8.2.
Everything during the install seemed to go smoothly, but after it was complete I could no longer connect to the web interface. One of the prompts at the commandline indicated this could take up to 3 minutes before working, so I tried to be patient. However, it never came back.
Upon further investigation, I found that the Bitbucket SERVICE in windows no longer existed. I had ElasticSearch, but the primary service was missing.
I tried reinstalling 5.8.2 again with no luck - I tried installing 5.0.8 with no luck - I tried removing all new versions and following some online guides to manually rebuilding the services using the original 5.5.0 - but nothing that I have tried has successfully gotten BitBucket Server up and running again, so all of our repositories have been down since before the weekend.
I still have a backup of my /app data/atlassian directory, and confirmed the "real" one seems to have all the data for my repositories still, but I'm still trying to avoid COMPLETELY uninstalling BBS and trying to start from scratch.
If anyone has any ideas, links, or other suggestions I would greatly appreciate it! At this point I just want *something* to run on this server