All, I have been beating my head in to this for the last 2 days and am finally reaching out for help.
This is a greenfield Confluence Data Center install with 2 standalone Synchrony nodes. The Synchrony nodes are online, and appear to have formed a cluster just fine.
The problem is with Confluence. When Collaborative editing is enabled, the admin page shows that Synchrony is running, and I can get the heartbeat "OK", but users get the spinning wheel of death when trying to edit a page.
There are several log entries that would seem to be germane. They are:
(confluence log)
WARN [http-nio-8090-exec-2] [synchrony.service.http.SynchronyResponseHandler] failed Synchrony external changes API call returned 401: {"type":"jwt\/invalid-aud","message":"Error validating JWT"} content-id: 655377 rev: null ancestor: null merges: {"confVersion":"1","trigger":null,"type":"external"} generate-rev: true generate-reset: true
(synchrony log)
{"timestamp":"2018-03-25T23:27:08,244Z","level":"INFO","thread":"async-dispatch-6","logger":"synchrony.middleware.logging","message":{"synchrony":{"request":{"remote-addr":"10.168.10.110","uri":"/synchrony/v1/apps/secret","request-method":"post","query-string":null},"response":{"status":200},"ns":"synchrony.middleware.logging","level":"info","message":"synchrony.middleware.logging [info] null"}},"location":{"class":"synchrony.logging$eval69$fn__73","method":"invoke","line":"0"}}
{"timestamp":"2018-03-25T23:27:08,254Z","level":"WARN","thread":"async-dispatch-14","logger":"synchrony.http","message":{"synchrony":{"message":"synchrony.http [warn] Secret request made from outside IP whitelist","ip":"10.168.10.110","ns":"synchrony.http","level":"warn"}},"location":{"class":"synchrony.logging$eval69$fn__73","method":"invoke","line":"0"}}
{"timestamp":"2018-03-25T23:27:08,257Z","level":"INFO","thread":"async-dispatch-7","logger":"synchrony.middleware.logging","message":{"synchrony":{"request":{"remote-addr":"10.168.10.110","uri":"/synchrony/v1/apps/secret","request-method":"post","query-string":null},"response":{"status":200},"ns":"synchrony.middleware.logging","level":"info","message":"synchrony.middleware.logging [info] null"}},"location":{"class":"synchrony.logging$eval69$fn__73","method":"invoke","line":"0"}}
{"timestamp":"2018-03-25T23:27:36,586Z","level":"INFO","thread":"async-dispatch-5","logger":"synchrony.middleware.logging","message":{"synchrony":{"request":{"remote-addr":"10.168.10.110","uri":"/synchrony/v1/data/Synchrony-02ec05b3-8131-3114-941d-d0f736b6bcff/confluence-655377","request-method":"put","query-string":null},"response":{"status":401},"ns":"synchrony.middleware.logging","level":"info","message":"synchrony.middleware.logging [info] null"}},"location":{"class":"synchrony.logging$eval69$fn__73","method":"invoke","line":"0"}}
I found the page regarding running the Sec.jar app to discover the JWT keys. But the KB is extremely poorly written. It doesn't explain if it's supposed to be ran on a synchrony node or a confluence node (they give different keys), and it seems to be geared for an internal synchrony service vice a cluster set up in an HA environment.
I have tried every variation I can think of to try and get the keys working, but nothing is helping.
Does anyone know how I can fix this?