I want to get a list of stories that are contained in several different epics, and all the epics start with the same keyword. Is there any way to use a CONTAINS operator with "Epic Link"?
If I type in the advanced search field, after typing "Epic Link", JQL only shows me EQUALS, IS, and IN operators (and the 'not' versions). It doesn't have CONTAINS.
If I use the basic search, I can select the "More" dropdown and select "Epic Link", and then type "foo - " in the dialog that comes up and it will give me a list of all epic links that start with "foo -". I can check the ones I want. The result is the list of stories that I'm interested in. That's great.
If I then switch from basic to advanced, the resulting JQL is:
issuetype = Story AND "Epic Link" in (PROJECT_NAME-1, PROJECT_NAME-2, PROJECT_NAME-3)
So, in basic mode, it knew how to find all Epic Links that started with "foo -" because it gave me a list. But the end result was an IN operator with the epic links listed out. If another epic link gets created that has "foo -" in the name, I don't want to have to update my JQL with another PROJECT_NAME-XXX. I just want something like:
issuetype = Story AND "Epic Link" ~ "foo -"