Can we disable the user in JIRA. I donot want to delete it as it has history associated but do not want others to see the user in the assignee or reporter drop down. Any solution ?
You can deactivate users in the latest versions.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Users#ManagingUsers-Deactivatingauser
Another option is to remove the permissions.
Remove them from all groups and roles - works for all versions of Jira, stops them counting against the license and preserves all their history. You might want to change their name to indicate (has gone away) and their email can be redirected to a null email address.
thanks Nic ... done and it works now
Hi Rakhi,
Yes, you can. I believe this feature is exist in current JIRA, please see how to deactivate a user article for more details information. Hope its helps.
sry should have mentioned we are using version 4.4 which does nto haev functionality to deactivate the user. how can we do this using permissions?
Actually, this doesn't seem to work for me. I'm using the latest version of JIRA OnDemand, and have reached the limit of my user license. When I follow the instructions linked above, I don't see an 'Active' checkbox, has something changed? The instructions are:
To deactivate a user account:
However, that doesn't work for me. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you, I appreciate any advice.
Yes, this "inactivate user" doesn't really seem to do much.
My original response to the original poster is still valid, try the removal from groups.
From the OnDemand documentation...
To deactivate a user: Remove Application Access through User Management. From User Details page in Users administration page, choose Actions -> Edit GroupsSelect all Current Groups and choose Leave selected groups
To deactivate a user:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Deleting+or+Deactivating+JIRA+Users
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.