First i want to explain the use case and see if there is a way to make this specific workflow automate.
I have already setup, and have any linked issues properly transitioning the SD ticket.
Use: A SD ticket is created. Out of scope so when we transition it to "Create RTPB ticket" it automaticlly creates a Software project ticket and links it.
When that Software ticket is moved through its statues i have setup them to update to the proper status on the SD ticket.
Moving forward in the workflow is of no issue. It is when we need to go back to a previous status that i cannot seem to figure out.
So when test fails a build from the Devs and transitions it back to "Dev in progress" i want that transition to trigger the linked SD ticket to also be moved back a status. I have all the transitions setup in the workflow, so that is not the issue. I cannot seem to figure out in the automation tool to set it up to do this. I have tried looking into the post functions in the software project workflow but am a little hesitant to play with the softwares workflow. Also not sure what to set there to make this happen.
Any assistance would be great!