Hi Everyone,
I am working with the Development team at my firm to better manage an implementation in Jira. I have made several observations based on how things are currently structured:
- While Epics exist in Jira, User Stories do not
- Detailed Requirements are being tracked as Issues
- Detailed Requirements are spread across three projects, each of which represents a different function of the Development team (e.g., User Experience, User Interface)
The solution I have proposed to Development is the following:
- Add User Stories into Jira
- Convert Issues into Sub-Tasks
- Combine all three projects
The feedback I have received from the Development team so far is that by combining the projects and converting the issues into sub-tasks, the team will have a challenge with assigning and deploying tasks effectively (i.e., everything is jumbled up together).
Does anyone have thoughts on this? Perhaps some potential workarounds that will meet the needs of all stakeholders?
Thanks in advance!