Hello,
I am trying to connect JIRA and Zendesk through email exchanges. I cannot use a plugin because our JIRA instance is not publically accessible since it is host on our internal server.
I succeeded so far to create a ticket in JIRA from Zendesk with Email this issue emails handler. The next step I would like to achieve is JIRA to answer by email to Zendesk with the ticket id created in JIRA as an internal comment in Zendesk and this is not that easy. I'm able today to send the ticket number in a new email but it is always interpreted by Zendesk as a new ticket (and not included as a private comment).
This is due to the reply to field which doesn’t follow the Zendesk structure (support+zendeskTicketID@myCompany.zendesk.com). What I need to achieve is
- to put in a custom field the reply to field from the incoming email from Zendesk. I don't see available in Email this issue the possibility to extract the reply-to field.
- (if the previous step succeeded) to modify dynamically the reply to field in the outbound email generated from JIRA. I don't see how is it possible?
Thank you for your help
Regards