Sorry for such a long post.
We have a small team of less than 10 people that deal with software and art based projects that are focused on delivery deadlines.
We are trying to find the best way to keep track of our projects and have been put on to Jira.
I've had a search for a great deal of things and I've not really found what I'm looking for.
There are several things that we require that I, as yet, have been unable to effectively implement.
Essentially, we need to be able to quickly enter a Client, Project, list of major tasks, list of minor tasks, assign tasks to multiple users, estimate times, track time and track costs.
The things we're trying to get out of Jira include:
Grouping Projects into client folders for tidiness. Or archiving completed projects. From what I've read the best Jira can offer is assigning a category, is this correct?
A calendar showing all of the assigned tasks to all staff across all projects - to help identify overload on individuals and teams.
A calendar showing all project time frames - to assist senior staff in their scheduling duties.
Currently unable to set a Due Date value on any issue. I have checked the permissions, set to all users, still unable to alter it. Appears that a lot of additional plugins, such as calendars require this info to display correctly.
Gantt charts for each project. We are currently testing BigGantt. It seems useful, but I was wondering if there is a way to automatically incorporate start and end dates into this automatically based on information input elsewhere in jira.
We are also looking at using Tempo for time sheets and Hawkbudget to calculate costs. Is there a way within Hawkbudget to calculate the costs of the project, broken down into each user, task etc. Or is there a better way of going about this task?
Is there a way to assign one issue to multiple users? Occasionally our tasks are quite long, and require more than one person working on them. But the over all project is over too short a tie span to warrant creating sub tasks for every element.
Is there a way to get the time estimations to feed all the way up? I've added the Epic Sum Up, and it seems to help a little bit, but the fact that this is an add on seems unusual to me. I've also noticed that stories (and epics) can't have their value set to nothing if something has been entered into their estimate field. Which means that the sub tasks don't display a total estimate in their respective stories/epics.
Thanks for your time.