I need to be able to export the customer satisfaction report in Jira Service Desk to excel. I have tried in my dashboard and in confluence to create a custom report but nothing pulls in the satisfaction or the customer comments. Please help!
Update 2023-04-21,
There is an easier way for the automation:
Now you can search in your JQL for CSAT comment and export it to Excel, etc.
So no need for the webrequest.
Rudy
---
Hi all,
I found a workaround for Cloud and possibly for Server (if you have Automation for Jira installed).
It seems that the CSAT comment is not stored in a custom field, but in a property of the issue. With the REST API call
https://<company>.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/{{key}}/properties/service-request-feedback-comment
you can retrieve it.
The workaround
What you can do is the following:
1. Create a custom field ‘CSAT comment’ and place it on the correct screen(s)
2. Create an automation rule in Automation for Jira:
3. Trigger: Field value changed: Satisfaction date (Note: don’t use ‘Satisfaction’)4. Send webrequest: URL: https://<company>.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/{{key}}/properties/service-request-feedback-comment Headers: Content-Type: application/json Authorization: Basic <your API key> Http method: GET Webhook body: empty Wait for response: check5. Edit issue fields: CSAT comment: {{webhookResponse.body.value.comment}}
(Note: the API key is built up as follows: Base64(your username: API key, exampleuser@example.com:ieVYwdSgYG3VauI6vjcT7B00 --> dXNlckBleGFtcGxlLmNvbTppZVZZd2RTZ1lHM1ZhdUk2dmpjVDdCMDA=)
Enjoy
@Jennifer Burkhart
It is unfortunately not possible with Service Desk out of the box to export the customer satisfaction report.
For now, the only workaround that I can think of (using JIRA built-in functionalities) is to:
Due to this bug report https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4334, the CSV export contains unreadable satisfaction data, so you will have to perform the conversion below to convert the value from the export into a 5 star value:
1 = com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.api.customfields.feedback.RequestFeedbackCFValue@d29c0 2 = com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.api.customfields.feedback.RequestFeedbackCFValue@d2f19 3 = com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.api.customfields.feedback.RequestFeedbackCFValue@d3472 4 = com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.api.customfields.feedback.RequestFeedbackCFValue@d39cb 5 = com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.api.customfields.feedback.RequestFeedbackCFValue@d3f24
Also, vote on this Suggestion to get the Customer Comment searchable
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4317
Is this something Atlassian plans on addressing?
I believe you will find very few users who do not expect the ability to export data from these (very basic) reports.
Exactly. This is just one of many reasons why I am starting a project to move all of IT away from Jira for ITSM. We will just leave DEV projects in the scaled down Jira.
How can this still be an issue? This is the first thing that management asks for and it is not available?
It's really crazy.
The implementation of this feature is simply incomplete. It's there, but it's impossible to use beyond their limited vision of it without paying for an add-on. (There is a ScriptRunner solution posted by another community member, but you have to buy ScriptRunner.) But this one is a baby. It's only 3 years old! You will find many such requests as this have been around for 5-8 years. They only fix things that get a lot of votes. So round up all your friends and have them vote!
I forgot to explain how to get the data into Excel (without buying an add-on) now that the "Export to Excel" option is gone and CSV is horrible. This is the state-of-the-art solution given by Atlassian, so we know it's approved.
BTW, the column you must include is a number field called "satisfaction", and that is the only field you get that has anything to do with customer satisfaction.
How to export data from Jira into Excel:
The Satisfaction column will have 5 stars in every cell, but the number of solid black stars is the actual satisfaction rating. Use Excel wizardry to turn those to numbers.
You can create a custom filter like project = SD AND Satisfaction > 0 . Add it on a Total cound or any other trend macro and then you can click on the total and export it fine.
Thank you
I just voted above. Thanks for suggestion.
In some of the normal things, JSD just sucks, and this feature is 1 among of them.
Why is this an issue? This is basic functionality.
Satisfaction can be exported as to native "number" type fields with the Better Excel Exporter app.
In fact, the apps supports all the Service Desk specific custom field types, like Customer Request Type, Organizations, Request Participants, Satisfaction, SLA to Excel, and so on.
UPDATE ON 13 MAY 2020
We release Better Excel Exporter 5.3.0 just recently. Among other improvements, it can export customer satisfaction comment together with the numerical rating value!
See: https://midori-global.com/products/better-excel-exporter-for-jira/server/documentation/integrations/jira-service-desk#configuring-satisfaction
Also, see column F in this example:
(Disclaimer: I am one of the developers of the app. It is paid and supported.)
Hi Aron,
How do I export the satisfaction report from the Service Desk for the past 14 days (for example)? I would like all the fields from this report; Comment, rating, key, agent, received. Also the average rating, and number of user reviews.
I see the Export option when in Queues, but not when in Reports. Have I missed a setup step?
As you noticed, the Better PDF Export functionality is available via the queue screen, but not via reports.
Via any screen, the app is trying to export issues, which means that your question comes down to this: which issues have its satisfaction data updated in the last 14 days?
I'm not sure if you can get that dataset via JQL, but you could use this to get all issues to the Issue Navigator, which were updated in that period:
"updated > -14d"
Having this you could write a little Groovy script that returns the satisfaction data (those fields that you listed) from the passed issues, and put those to a worksheet.
Average rating and number of reviews can be derived from this source data using Excel formulas.
Thanks Aron. It seems that the Better Excel Export functionality doesn't export the Customer Satisfaction data "out of the box" either. A jql query can be used to obtain the ratings in Issue Search, but not the comments, and these contain the information that helps us address customer needs, and improve our quality of service.
Unfortunately, I don't have the skill set to write a little Groovy script. Hopefully, given that the Midori team has those skills, and can see that this feature is wanted, they can write one and add it to the features list for those of us who use this product.
It could be that one extra feature that encourages other Jira Users to also purchase your product.
As usual, HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT with stinking JSD. We also cannot display TOCs in Confluence docs, and JIRA REFUSES to address it.
They basically have a half-baked turd in this product...
It is JIRA. They do not care.
Note that THEY do not use JSD for JIRA itself. That should have told me something...
@Julien Rey
Your company HAS NO RIGHT releasing ANY product UPDATES until they fix existing, long-standing BUGS and DEFICIENCIES.
For example, I cannot display a TOC in a Confluence doc in JSD and YOU REFUSE to address it. That issue has been around for FOUR YEARS.
We had faith and THOUGHT we were buying a viable product. Every time we try to use it, we are bit in the butt with more BUGS/DEFICIENCIES that you refuse to fix.
@Ira Chandler I removed one comment that can be considered a personal attack in keeping with our community guidelines. If you have any questions or concerns about this, I'm at communitymanagers@atlassian.com.
@Monique vdB
I apologize.
No comments I make are directed at any specific person. Everyone I have tried to work with has been professional, however totally powerless and of zero help.
My unbridled frustration is directed at the company in general.
We discovered an undocumented API that exposes all that -- but like all undocumented API use at your own risk (SER is our project):
https://xxx.atlassian.net/rest/servicedesk/1/projects/SER/report/feedback/date-range?start=1&limit=100&expand=overall&startDate=2019-02-17&endDate=2020-02-18
Ira - shouting in all your answers make everyone yawn - not bringing more attention to your answers
We discovered an undocumented API to retrieve the data (SER is our project):
Use at your own risks of course
Yves
With all due respect, your reply contradicts your assertion.
;-)
Also using Automation for jira, when your instance is in cloud you can use the smart value {{issue.properties.service-request-feedback-comment.comment}} without have to send a webrequest to the API, and directly edit the issue field.
Just tested, and this solution works in data center as well
Hi Luanna, can you share the automation details for using smart value you suggested?
Thanks
Brijesh
Boom! Works like a charm
A download report button would be much better than all this. I can't believe Jira does not have such simple functionality.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.