I'm trying to refresh a TEST instance of Jira (7.7.0) with data from our PROD environment (7.1.6). Is this possible? We arrived at this point because after upgrading DEV and TEST we realized that some data had changed in PROD and that our reports no longer matched up.
The problem is that since the versions of the applications (and add-ons) are different, is it possible to simple do a database refresh or XML import from a 7.1.6 system into a 7.7.0 system? If not, if I copy the database from PROD (while the TEST service is shut down) and run the 7.7.0 installer over the existing 7.7.0 TEST instance, will it update the database to the point where it is usable? I've asked a number of people in different support areas and I've gotten a variety of answers including 1) do a whole new install of the old version and complete the upgrade with the PROD data in place and 2) delete the 7.7.0 install, install 7.7.0 in the same place and import PROD XML...
Any feedback would be appreciated.