I am trying to setup confluence on first loading the site after installation. I am using the evaluation license because I am doing this in test environment before I move it to live. I put the license in, click next, and in the db page , I put the url to the external database which is MySQL 5.6 , username and password in and it starts to do something and eventually I get the message below. By the way this is confluence 6.2.0
"504 Gateway Time-out"
If I load the page in another tab , I get the below error
"The following error(s) occurred:Error recording default paths to system."
When I refresh the 504 page , I get the error message below
"System error
Cause
com.atlassian.config.ConfigurationException: Unable to register MBean [com.atlassian.confluence.jmx.TaskQueueWrapper@5b8a4f45] with key 'Confluence:name=MailTaskQueue'; nested exception is javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException: Confluence:name=MailTaskQueue
at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.actions.AbstractSetupAction.transitionFromColdToVacantState(AbstractSetupAction.java:161)
caused by: org.springframework.jmx.export.UnableToRegisterMBeanException: Unable to register MBean [com.atlassian.confluence.jmx.TaskQueueWrapper@5b8a4f45] with key 'Confluence:name=MailTaskQueue'; nested exception is javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException: Confluence:name=MailTaskQueue
at org.springframework.jmx.export.MBeanExporter.registerBeanNameOrInstance(MBeanExporter.java:625)
caused by: javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException: Confluence:name=MailTaskQueue
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.Repository.addMBean(Repository.java:437)"
Stopped and started confluence and I get the error message below after
"System error:
The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved from the container. Therefore very limited information is available in this error report.
The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved due to the following error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set
Cause
com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set
at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:149)
caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set
at com.atlassian.spring.container.SpringContainerContext.getComponent(SpringContainerContext.java:48)"
I have been on this for more than a week, I have checked permissions to where confluence lives, made sure confluence is running as confluence and other checks I cannot remember now. When I check the database, the database is there and tables have been created. So confused.