Hello all,
I am going to upgrade Server Confluence and need to know if "reverse proxy" is used by Confluence.
How can I find if "reverse proxy" is used by Server Confluence?
Thanks.
Yacob Hassidim.
Hi Yacob,
Your proxy settings would be listed in your Tomcat Configuration.
Have a look here:
Regards,
Shannon
Check the CONFLUENCE_INST/conf/server.xml file. If a reverse proxy is used, there should be some reference to it in the connector section. In our case, we use an AJP connector for Confluence & a HTML reverse proxy for the Synchrony part:
<Connector protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol" port="8080" address="192.168.x.y" enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="10" minSpareThreads="10" maxThreads="150" connectionTimeout="20000" URIEncoding="UTF-8" disableUploadTimeout="true" proxyName="publicsite.yourdomain.com" proxyPort="443" scheme="https"/> <Connector port="8009" minSpareThreads="10" maxThreads="150" address="192.168.x.y" // Same address other port protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8444" enableLookups="false" URIEncoding="UTF-8" maxPostSize="-1" packetSize="65536"/>
If you're using the standard connector on port 8080 & the URL you're using to connect to Confluence doesn't use port 8080 (like http://myconfluence.example.com:8080) then you're probably using a reverse proxy.
Hello,
Thank you Shannon and Jun-Peter.
I will look on the file server.xml and I hope to identify the type of Reverse Proxy and if used.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.