I am working as a software executive in a company and I recently got the task in which i have to find out how to import test cases created in excel to jira.I don't have the access to administrator account as for now but if required I can ask for it.So please tell me all the steps by which i can understand how to import test cases in Jira.
Thank you in advance
Hi ManishThe first thing to consider is how would you like your test cases to be represented in Jira? Are you looking at them as subtasks or are you using an app that handles Test Cases such as Test Manager for Jira or Zephyr?When we know how you are representing your Test Cases we can provide advice on how best to import them.
Phill
Hello Sir
I am not using any app I am very new to testing and I want to know how to import normally created test cases in excel to my Project in JIRA if i need any app for importing these test cases then I am ready to install the app too.
Ok so can you create a Test Case in Jira through the User Interface? If so can you attach a screenshot (with any sensitive information removed) showing where it would appear in the UI.
I am suspecting this will either appear as a subtask or as a linked item.
Hello sir below is the image in which i have attached the format how we have create test cases in excel.I guess actual results and expected results are missing from the image.
We do not write test cases in JIRA we write them in excel and that's why i want to ask you how to import this excel in JIRA with the fields i have written in excel is that possible? That is my concern and i am not getting a proper way of doing it so please help if you can.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.