Should issue linking in JIRA be activated along with app link for Confluence to fetch issues from JIRA ?
Or is application link alone sufficient between jira and confluence for fetching data over to confluence with issue linking deactivated ?
Hi Vickey,
A two-way application link will let Confluence users add Jira issues to Confluence pages: Use Jira applications and Confluence together.
Issue linking in Jira allows you to create an association between two existing Jira issues on either the same or different Jira instances: Linking issues
Thanks,
Ann
Actually Ann - on the Issue Linking Documentation page - I read the following line .
Issue linking also allows you to:
So - is issue linking feature necessary for sharing data between jira and confluence ?
Can i still pull data to confluence from jira if issue linking is deactivated in jira ?
I just deactivated issue linking on my Jira instance and was able to add a Jira issues macro to a Confluence page connected to that Jira instance via application link.
I expect it to work for you as well. If it does not work, please let me know the versions of both applications so I can research more.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.