JIRA 7.1 supported platforms page includes SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2:https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/supported-platforms-802592168.html
Supported platforms pages for versions 7.2 and up do not.
So if I want to upgrade to 7.2 or above, does this mean that I must upgrade SQL Server?
Update:I now see, on the supported platforms page for version 6.0, that only SQL Server 2012 and 2014 are listed. Of course, that is not accurate. What am I to believe?
Hi Matt,
SQL Server 2008 was supported in 6.0. Where are you seeing it's not? I want to be sure our documentation is properly updated.
As for the upgrade, yes, you will need to upgrade your database to MS SQL 2012 or 2014 prior to upgrading to Jira 7.2. It has not been tested with 2008 and therefore is not guaranteed to work properly.
Let us know if you have any questions about that!
Regards,Shannon
Thanks, Shannon. Sorry, I meant--but forgot--to include a link to the Supported Platforms page for version 6.0. Here it is:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf60/supported-platforms-852732636.html
Regards,Matt
That article is for Confluence. Confluence hasn't supported MS SQL 2008 since version 5.8.
I hope that's clear, but do let me know if you have any questions.
Oh dear, how embarrassing. That's what I get for doing too many things at once ;^)
Thanks again,Matt
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.