When using the JIRA Importers plugin, the Map Field page does not allow me to chose the Watcher. When I type in W or Watchers, the page tells me there are no matches. Is there another way to import Watchers, or is that field called something else?
Hi Karen,
You need to have the users already created in the instance, to import them as watchers.
As you can check in the below documentation, import them by CSV is possible, there is only this restriction.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/importing-data-from-csv-776636762.html
Hi Gabriel,
Thank you for your reply. The users already exist, so I don't believe that this is the issue. The problem I have is that in the JIRA Importers plugin, step 2: the Map Field page does not allow me to chose Watcher as a field that this column can be mapped to.
Any thoughts on this?
Best wishes,
Karen
As described on this thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Failed-to-Import-watchers-through-CSV/qaq-p/612025
Only a JIRA admin can import Watchers through CSV. Admin > System > External System Import > CSV Import.
This is a different wizard than regular users are able to use.
hi @jpins , I'm an admin but I still can't find "Watchers" in the list of fields when I try to map my CSV...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.