I am trying to post an issue to JIRA Service Desk which requires a multi-select custom field to be filled in (customfield_10900) which references an object in a Riada Insight schema (a server hostname).
I found an article here which is similar but I'm not sure what I should use in the identifier field of the hostname JSON data. I have tried name, Name, ID but none of them seem to produce a populated item.
Have been looking around for a couple hours for different ways to populate this field but I think I might be missing something particular to Insight. Any thoughts?
I can view a list of issues using this URL. The entries I've tried from curl return null for customfield_10900.
https://jira.my.domain.com/jira/rest/api/2/search?jql=project=SD&fields=key,description,issuetype,summary,customfield_10900
An issue (correctly) created in the web browser returns this for the custom field. It appears there is a reference to the Insight schema INTES-3891 but that is not visible on the issue or in the field:
customfield_10900
0 "kreger.my.domain.com (INTES-3891)"
This is my JSON data file /tmp/tmp.jcBZd0ufL2:
{ "fields": { "project": { "key": "SD" }, "summary": "Test post from curl", "description": "Test description", "issuetype": { "name": "Change Log" }, "customfield_10900":[{"name" : "desktop.test.my.domain.com"}] } }
My curl command and returned query ist like this:
test$ curl -D- -u ${CURLUSER}:${CURLPASS} -X POST --data @/tmp/tmp.jcBZd0ufL2 -H "Content-Type: application/json" https://jira.my.domain.com/jira/rest/api/2/issue/
HTTP/1.1 201
Server: nginx
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 18:37:51 GMT
Content-Type: application/json;charset=UTF-8
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: keep-alive
X-AREQUESTID: 817x3635x1
X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Content-Security-Policy: frame-ancestors 'self'
X-ASEN: SEN-10430660
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=874BACFFA25E344BDAFC9DB9052C8FB3;path=/jira;HttpOnly
X-Seraph-LoginReason: OK
Set-Cookie: atlassian.xsrf.token=BP2A-NQK9-797D-MZ7M|6b63a4a909c190e37113e52ece0e6a5ef12c44a7|lin;path=/jira
X-ASESSIONID: v3500b
X-AUSERNAME: user101
Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, no-transform
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000; includeSubdomains; preload
{"id":"10912","key":"SD-25","self":"https://jira.my.domain.com/jira/rest/api/2/issue/10912"}