I see a 3rd party extension for creating issue templates that is somewhat well-adopted, but it doesn't have very good reviews & is not free. I also found this documentation from JIRA that seemed optimistic, but it looks to be out of date as I cannot follow the steps successfully.Has anyone found an easy way to quickly create a JIRA Issue template to autofills on selection?
Hi @Kevin Hylant
Here is a workaround:
A simple approach is to create a dummy ticket and clone from that...
By cloning dummy-tickets, all issues and sub-tasks are added with the prefix "CLONE - "...Its a workaround, but not a lean one.
I hope that some day a simple 'Issue Template' button appears in the menu bar.
Hi @Anton Faller
After reading your follow-up, I think you may find our Issue Templates for Jira app handy. It allows for configuring a separate templates repository, which you could use to create dedicated templates for every repetitive type of issue in your project, such as a bug report or requirement, to standardize the issue content. The templates created this way can populate any fields values, but also copy sub-tasks or issue links.
What is more, the app provides its own Create from template button which is available next to the native button, under the Apps dropdown on the top bar.
Hopefully, you will find it useful!
Cheers,Aleksandra from Deviniti
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.