Confluence stopped allowing us to edit pages today. As far as I know nothing changed, (I did do some backing up and restoring of our JIRA DB. I took a backup of the JIRA db and played around with a few restores then reverted to backup I took before I started. So everything should be exactly as it was).
Anyway this morning Confluence was erroring when anyone tried to edit a page. I trakced this down to collaborative editing and under General Configuration > Collaborative Editing it showed that collaborative editing was enabled, but synchrony was stopped with an error. I switch editing mode to collaborative editing OFF and we can now edit pages. When I try to renable it, it just hangs. sometimes the page in the back ground briefly shows a message saying that synchrony is restarting, but that quickly disappears.
I've checked the logs but they mean very little to me. I've included them here in case the make sense to someone else
attalssian-confluence.log
================
2018-03-19 10:57:27,558 INFO [Long running task: EnableTask] [plugins.synchrony.bootstrap.DefaultSynchronyProcessManager] startup Starting Synchrony and enabling Collaborative Editing
2018-03-19 10:57:27,667 ERROR [Long running task: EnableTask] [plugins.synchrony.tasks.AbstractConfigLongRunningTask] runInternal An error occurred when running a Synchrony ConfigLongRunningTask
-- url: /rest/synchrony-interop/enable | referer: http://oxnetwebapp03:8090/admin/confluence-collaborative-editor-plugin/configure.action | traceId: 64098d55f98c05dc | userName: porrittg
org.zeroturnaround.exec.InvalidExitValueException: Unexpected exit value: 1, allowed exit values: [0], executed command [taskkill, /F, /PID, 4700]
at org.zeroturnaround.exec.InvalidExitUtil.checkExit(InvalidExitUtil.java:27)
at org.zeroturnaround.exec.WaitForProcess.call(WaitForProcess.java:114)
at org.zeroturnaround.exec.ProcessExecutor.executeNoTimeout(ProcessExecutor.java:903)
at org.zeroturnaround.process.WindowsProcess.taskkill(WindowsProcess.java:104)
at org.zeroturnaround.process.WindowsProcess.destroy(WindowsProcess.java:93)
at org.zeroturnaround.process.AbstractProcess.destroyForcefully(AbstractProcess.java:107)
at org.zeroturnaround.process.AbstractProcess.destroyForcefully(AbstractProcess.java:16)
at org.zeroturnaround.process.ProcessUtil.destroyForcefullyAndWait(ProcessUtil.java:108)
at org.zeroturnaround.process.ProcessUtil.destroyGracefullyOrForcefullyAndWait(ProcessUtil.java:171)
at com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.synchrony.utils.SynchronyProcessUtil.killRunningSynchronyProcess(SynchronyProcessUtil.java:51)
at com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.synchrony.bootstrap.DefaultSynchronyProcessManager.startup(DefaultSynchronyProcessManager.java:521)
at com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.synchrony.tasks.EnableTask.execute(EnableTask.java:47)
at com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.synchrony.tasks.AbstractConfigLongRunningTask.runInternal(AbstractConfigLongRunningTask.java:65)
at com.atlassian.confluence.util.longrunning.ConfluenceAbstractLongRunningTask.run(ConfluenceAbstractLongRunningTask.java:26)
at com.atlassian.confluence.util.longrunning.ManagedTask.run(ManagedTask.java:52)
at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.util.concurrent.ConfluenceExecutors$ThreadLocalContextTaskWrapper.lambda$wrap$1(ConfluenceExecutors.java:90)
at com.atlassian.confluence.vcache.VCacheRequestContextOperations.lambda$doInRequestContext$0(VCacheRequestContextOperations.java:50)
at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.vcache.VCacheRequestContextManager.doInRequestContextInternal(VCacheRequestContextManager.java:87)
at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.vcache.VCacheRequestContextManager.doInRequestContext(VCacheRequestContextManager.java:71)
at com.atlassian.confluence.vcache.VCacheRequestContextOperations.doInRequestContext(VCacheRequestContextOperations.java:49)
at com.atlassian.confluence.vcache.VCacheRequestContextOperations.lambda$withRequestContext$2(VCacheRequestContextOperations.java:66)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)