We have Confluence set up on an internal server for our small company and are just starting to build up the content. We want to have someone in a different location add content so we have purchased a second license and are installing it on a PC which will go to that secondary location. We then plan to have that person export the space with their content and we will import the space on our instance of Confluence.
I have successfully installed Postgre SQL and Confluence on the new PC, and am in the process now of setting up Confluence. I'm stuck on the 'Set up your database' part. The error includes:
FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "the current IP address of the PC on our LAN"
I found an article explaining how to configure that .conf file by adding the IP address, but even if I get that working in my office it won't work when we move the PC to a new location on a new network with a new IP address.
Any ideas for how to overcome this? I don't recall having to set up that .conf file for our first installation either, so maybe I've done something else wrong before this step.
Thanks in advance for any ideas and suggestions!
Heather