I have read most of the articles and guides from the support pages and I thought that I understood how permissions are used but I still can't get it right.
I have a Jira Cloud instance with 5 projects. So far I have used the default permission schemes, groups etc provided by the Cloud. It works fine BUT as for many others I would like to separate users so that specific users can access only a specific project.
So I did a simple test. I have a Project, Group and User
This is what I have done:
- Created group "TeamA"
- Added a User to "TeamA"
- Removed the User from "jira-software-users"
- Created a permission scheme "ProjectA_PS".
- Removed all default roles, users and groups from the ProjectA_PS and added only my created group and jira-administrators to the permission scheme.
- Updated Jira Software projectA to use the "ProjectA_PS".
The User is only member in the TeamA group and nothing else. He has Jira software access.
Still when I login as User I can see all other projects and issues we have in our Jira Cloud...I just don't get it??
What have I done wrong? Please don't mention Roles, I have to solve this first before I start using Roles.