have upgraded Jira Server from version 7.2.6 to 7.8. I followed the instructions here as we are on Solaris
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/upgrading-jira-applications-manually-802592252.html
After the upgrade, I restored from an export from the previous version and I cannot see any boards.
I did a re-index and restarted the Jira service with no luck.
Cannot see anything in the tomcat logs as well.
Any help is appreciated.
Go to applications and check if jira software is installed
Does it show installed ?
And by the way I hope you upgraded software and not core :-)
Yes it does.
I have upgraded JIRA software.
I hope you did not zoom in your browser too much to hide the MENU -I have seen may users do that as well.
One thing though Anup - it is quite not a good idea to use data that was in 7.2.6 into 7.8.
You could have upgraded JIRA directly with the data.
Go to Add-Ons - select application components - select jira agile - under that check if module name " Planning Board Menu Item" is enabled .
Is the above module enabled ?
I will check and get back to you. Away from my desk for an hour or so.
We are on solaris and the upgrade path was a manual upgrade.
Can create and view boards but cannot see the old boards from the restore. Everything else...users issues workflows etc seems to be fine
You mean nothing from the restore ? Did the restore complete properly ?
I have done several upgrades on RedHat Linux - shouldnt be too different from Solaris
When you said " I cannot see any boards. " You meant some boards are missing ? I thought you dont see the board menu,
I think you should make sure you restored the data properly which ends finally with an automatic reindexing at the end,
True.. none of the old boards are visible.
Did not see any errors on the screen.
all the modules in JIRA agile are enabled
Thanks for all your suggestions Vickey. I will do another export and import (I could see a backup table in the import that was causing an error).
Thanks for the reply - I was kinda confused what must have gone wrong
Hi Vickey,
Another thing to check - is JIRA behind a reverse proxy? If so, can you try and access JIRA directly, i.e. bypassing the reverse proxy to see if it works? If it does -- you will may need to reaply your customisations, most importantly ones from server.xml (hope you have a backup from 7.2.6 conf folder.
Also, sometimes system plugins get disabled in JIRA -- please run the following query to check that:
select * from pluginstate;
now if there are some plugins that are show as disabled -- it doesn't necessarily means there's an issue there -- it would be good to see what exactly those plugins are before deciding on next steps, but if you have a test instance linked to a test database -- you can try deleting all content from that table and restart JIRA (stop JIRA first)'
Also would be a good idea to check what exactly is happening when the browser is trying to access JIRA, for that you can capture a .HAR file and see if it gives any hints:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/generating-har-files-and-analyzing-web-requests-720420612.html
Also, always a good idea to check the logs, most importantly atlassian-jira.log (JIRA log) and catalina.out (tomcat log) for any errors during the startup. You can also _feed_ these logs to the built in JIRA log analyser (JIRA -> System (Settings) -> Troubleshooting and Support Tools -> Log analyser) - There's a good chance it will actually identify the culprit for you
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Sergey
Hi Sergey and Vickey
I upgraded to version 7.8.2 today and everything worked smoothly.
I did drop the backup table before I took the export. Not sure if that fixed it or the difference in version did it.
Anyway.. thanks for all your suggestions.
Regards
Anup
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.