Hi!
Even though my project lead is set as the default assignee for new tickets - by default a new issue is not assigned to this project lead.
I did find that in all my 'request types' the assignee is a hidden field - which is set to a name - but can't be set to automatic. As a consequence - if I want to change my default assignee I have to change every single one of my request type - rather than just switching my project lead around.
Moreover, in a different service desk where the assignee field has been left untouched - I see an error message: "This field type cannot be shown - you must provide a preset value". But as soon as I enter a name - I cannot change it back to 'Automatic' - which is the default value and assigns the new issue correctly to my project lead.
All in all very confusing and not user friendly.
Is this a bug? Any suggestions on this?
Thanks!
Bob