I have followed the steps:
Open the pageClick on the lock symbol (page set to viewing and editing restricted)Select the userThe dropdown menu only has 2 options "Can View and Edit" or "Can View".
I can't find an option to prevent viewing?
When you click the lock symbol you see two groups (should be everyone and yourself). (if you don't see this then select "viewing and editing restricted" from the button next to the red lock on my screenshot below). If you add users to this list then they can view the page. If you don't add users and just click "apply" then nobody can view or edit the page but yourself (assuming you created the page).
So by applying the settings of "viewing and editing restricted" group: "everyone" permission: "has no access" you will be restricting the page viewing from everyone.
If you want to just allow some users to view or some users to view and edit, that's what the drop down is for.
Remember viewing permission is inherited from parent pages, hence the "there are inherited view restrictions" on my screenshot. Editing permission is not.
Thank you that worked.
Thanks
I need the REST API for doing exactly this ? Can somebody help me please ?
I couldn't find anywhere.
this can all be done on the confluence interface.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.