I have several tickets created that I am unable to "Resolve" and "Close".
The only option is to start or stop.
How do I close the tickets that are completed?
Thank you
Hi Denise,
It's probably a permissions issue, you should check the permissions in your workflow and cross-reference them with your project permissions to make sure that your user account has the permission to close/resolve issues.
I am the project admin
Project admin does not by definition have the permission to resolve or close issues. The permission to change permissions does not defacto mean you HAVE all permissions, you may have to add them for yourself. You should check your project's permission scheme to make sure that you have that permission.
Once you do that I recommend that you check your workflow for the condition behind your close or resolve transitions (if you have jira-admin permissions as well)
It looks like have the "highest" permission. Is there a certain one I should have?
I am able to resolve and close other tickets. Why can I do some and not the other?
So why do I have the permissions on some and not the others?
Im not seeing what needs to be changed and since I am the one to make the changes, I need SOMEONE at JIRA to assist me or make the changes for me ASAP. I have to be able to resolve tickets.
That's not going to be a quick option - you need to look at your own system for yourself. You could raise a support call if you've got a valid licence, but they're only going to step you through the basics of debugging this before they actually look at it, and you could be waiting for a while.
As a system admin, you need to look at the project you're working in. Look for the workflow scheme so that you can establish what workflow is in use (it can vary by issue type within a project).
Now look at the status of an issue that does not allow you to move it. Find that status in the workflow and open it up. Now look at all the transitions OUT of that status to another one (I suspect you want to look at the resolve transition, assuming there is one).
Now you've got the possible transitions, you need to read the "conditions" on them (as Ubisoft mentioned). These will all say things like "must be a developer in the project" or "must have resolve issue permission". That's almost certainly what is blocking you - you don't pass the condition rules.
This is the workflow i see on a project. It does not state anything you suggested.
Yes we pay monthly and have a valid license.
Ok, well, that's actually quite easy - there is no "resolve" transition for you to execute, as you've removed it.
Both Ubisoft and I were assuming you had a workflow with resolve and close, and hence permissions were stopping you, as that's the usual culprit. But here, you simply don't have the status or transitions in your workflow.
You'll need to move the project to use a different workflow scheme, one that includes the status and transition you need.
You state "move project to a different workflow". Can you assist me on how to do that? I have tried to edit/move and nothing works.
More DETAILS would be greatly appreciated.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.