Hello,
I would like to set Jira to close issues that are older than 1 year. It does not matter which status they are in.
Is there a way to do so with automization ? I´m not talking about the plugin
Thanks!
First you need to define "close issues". In JIRA this is not always from Resolved -> Close. So your projects might have different workflows and statuses. So having one single solution definitely wont work here. If you do not want to use plugins (like JIRA Automation) it is very hard to achieve that. In the past (older version of JIRA) there were JellyScripts that would be able to handle that., but in the new version (7.0 and above) this is no longer in JIRA..
Without a plugin you can search manually using JQL (for example - "updated < -360d") and execute a bulk change on it once a year..
Hello Mirek,
thanks for the tips. I just checked, I have Automation lite installed and would use this.
I tested a few rules with the plugin but they did not work yet.
There are different statuses and workflows from various projects and I would like to have all of them closed.
This is how I set the rule:
When: Issue created
If: Issue matches JQL (all the projects and statuses they are in and created xxx)
Then; Transition the issue to (closed)
I dont understand why this is not working.. maybe you can point out the mistake
I do not think that you are looking for created a year ago but not updated since 1 year. That is the first thing. Second is what I already mentioned. You need to define "close issues". In JIRA this is not always a transition from Resolved -> Close. So your projects might have different workflows and statuses. There must exist a transition that will go to Close (or final status). You can modify all worflows that will have that transition from all statuses called "Auto close" and then trigger this transition. Then you are sure that the rule will be valid.
Oh yes, my mistake. Of course I meant issues older than 1 year that are still open in any way (open, 3rd lvl support etc.).
But to your second point: I just tried out what you said and also this did not work. I searched for only "trouble tickets" and entered the jql to test it. 6 issues from the same project, all in the same status. But still no success -.-
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.