I'm on Atlassian Cloud - 7 year expert admin. What is the deal with this workflow property (jira.permission.work.denied). It has been intermittently being honored for 6 months now, but as of the past month or so, it is no longer honored. So, I figured I'd spend some time here finding the problem, but it seems answers are all over the place even recent answers. At this point though, none of the workflows where this property is employed are preventing a work log like it should and once did for so many years. I use JMWE add-on as well if curious, but this property is not part of that bundle.
I include this property pair (jira.permission.work.denied : denied) on every step and on every transition for a given workflow including the initial create step, per this documentation, but a work log entry can still be added there. This property once accepted "true" since that's how I had it setup for years, but it seems "denied" is the proper verb at this point. Nonetheless, things worked for many, many years and are now not.
Use case: I don't want work logs on an Epic issue type.
It's not just this issue type though that has this problem. I actually have places where this property is not present on a workflow, but we still cannot create a work log there. For instance, I have a custom parent issue called "Foo" that will not allow a work log.
Should I escalate to my support channel? Figured I'd start here...