Please forgive the basic, non-programming question, but I'm stumped. I'm the non-programmer half of our small company, and we use bitbucket for our repositories. (While I'm not a programmer, I am technically competent, and can usually work my way through most issues…except this one, it seems.)
I watch the commits in our repositories to see what's going on, so I can keep up with documentation, user help requests, etc. I never commit or change code myself, so I just need to browse the repositories (the commit messages, in particular).
I'd like to use SourceTree to view the remote repositories, without cloning them to my Mac. It seems this should be possible, but I can't get it to work. When I have the Remote tab selected in the SourceTree browser, I only see a heading for "BitBucket" followed by my account name in parentheses—no repositories ever show up. I do see my online avatar in the Accounts section, so I'm pretty sure the connection is good.
I can also enter a URL for a specific repository and clone it. But I really don't want that, I just want to view the remote repositories, as I would in the browser. I've tried using Basic and Oauth auth types, and both SSH and HTTPS for the protocol on my account, with no luck.
There are a number of messages in Console, including some TIC TCP Conn Cancel ones that don't look very good, but I have no idea how to really troubleshoot this.
thanks!
-rob.