Hi!
I have moved an issue from one project to another and now that issue does not show up in backlog.
I can see the issue in All Issues with Status Open and Resolution Unresolved.
Why does it not show up in Backlog?
Thanks!
How do you see baklog? Is it a filter or dashboard?
My guess is that the board filter does not include the new project.
Yes, indeed it was a filter issue. The problem was that I could not see a difference between an issue which was visible and the one which wais not.
I have solved it through going to Board settings and then columns. There I found Unmapped statuses. Once I have mapped them to proper columns, Backlog has started to show all of the issues correctly.
Why that happened? I created a new project using Scrum template. The template comes with its own Workflow and a set of Issue types. I did not want either of those. Instead I wanted Default Issue Type scheme and Default jira workflow. So, I have changed them in the Settings. I assumed that Mapped Statuses would reflect new workflow, but they did not. The board was mapping "to do", "in progress" and "done" issues, while showing "open", "reopened", "resolved", and "closed" statuses as unmapped.
Now things look good. :-)
If you don't map a status, then issues in it won't appear on the board. The backlog IS the board. So if you've chosen not to see it, you won't.
Thank you, Nic! Yes, you are absolutely right. I just thought it was going to happen automagically. :-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.