Our production Jira recently crashed. The root cause of this was that the disk filled up on the postgres db server, causing the system catalog to become corrupted. Unfortunately, due to an email forwarding discontinuation, we did not become aware of this until 2/26. The db was corrupted on 1/10. Jira ran in memory through the intervening period, with no issues, until the server was shut down and the db wouldn't start.
I am a Postgres DBA, not a Java dev. As such, I am able to recover the database into a consistent state, with Jira down of course. However the restored db only reflects 1/10 and prior. The app runs fine on it, other than missing the 47 days of data.
My question is, can I restore this missing data into the restored database from the app files? Does this data still exist in Jira, on our 2/26 snapshot, perhaps prior to reindexing?
Thanks. This is a big problem for us.