When i type *++* which used to give me bold and underlined, I now just get bold with bolded plus signs in the text. What am I doing wrong?
Actually, the simbol that represents bold is * and underline + .On Confluence 4.0 these simbols remained the same, except with the functionality of "on-the-fly" formating :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h77zmZwFWS4&feature=player_embedded
And if you tried +*word*+ ?
Nicolas, did you actually bother to try your solution? Before when I used the bold symbol (*) followed by the underline symbol (+) the word came out bold and underlined. Changing the order, your solution, doesn't work either. Then you get the "*word*" underlined and NOT underlined and bold as it used to. What I have been doing before this collossaly awful "improvement" is *+word+* and with the wiki markup the word comes out bold and underlined.
This editor is slow and I really think we should be able to get our money back if you guys are going to tank the product like this. If I wanted a great WYSIWYG editor, I would use MS Word, at least you have shortcut keys to make it fast to format.
Speaking of shortcut keys... it's not like 4.0 editor doesn't have those. Steps to reproduce:
Sure. There's a bug in converting the on the fly markup to formatting feature or whatever the official buzzwordy term for that is... but Confluence has always had issues with nesting.
If anything, bold + underline is easier than it was before... it works more like word now.
Tim, the editor is slow compared to wiki markup (and compared to Word) and why should we be forced into the editor when wiki markup was a great power tool for users?
placeholder
I completely understand the frustration: being a Confluence wiki-markup power user myself... I find the 4.0 editor pretty frustrating when I type [link]: Completing the last bracket kills the link dialog and it thinks I want to type exactly that string and escapes the whole thing. I also find the macro browser than {macro} when I know exactly how that macro works: It sucks to bring up a whole dialog and break my train of thought.
That being said... even I will admit that it does a lot of things better: basic bolding and underlining is way easier, and boy, it makes futzing with tables not require me to fetch the bottle of scotch under my desk. After using it extensively for the last few months, I'm back at probably 80 percent of my previous speed.
Although I personally haven't drunken the collective kool-aid about the editor, I'll admit it's way better for 90% of the people out there. Just in the same way I don't expect everyone to use vi over M$Word as a primary editor- I think that the 4.0 is better for most; most of the speed loss is really unlearning the wiki-markup.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.